Before you begin construction, it’s important to take a moment and think about your lifestyle and what features are most important when creating your dream living space.
- What is your lifestyle? Do you spend a lot of time in your kitchen?
- Does your family eat together in the kitchen?
- Will you need a sit-down eating area in the kitchen?
- How tall is the cook? Plan work surfaces and storage accordingly.
- Do you have more than one cook in the family?
- Will you need bins for recycling?
- How much cookware storage will you need?
- Do you prefer drawers or slide-out trays?
- Will you need wine storage and a wine rack?
- If remodeling, will you want to relocate appliances or sink?
- Do you want glass door cabinets for open display of special items?
- What appliances do you have that will require special storage spaces?
- Do you entertain frequently? Is the kitchen a focal point?
- Do you need storage for large or small quantities of food stuffs?
- Do you need a low counter & storage for your baking?
- What type of wood will you select?
- What type of door styles do you like?
- Will you choose a natural finish or a stain or color?